Monday, October 15, 2012

My Most Recent Project

For a while now, I've been really wanting to get into refinishing furniture. I've done a small entry table and a dresser but I've really been wanting to redo a kitchen table since we've need one for a while. We found a table from craigslist for 50 dollars. It came with 4 chairs (I haven't finished those yet). As seen from the pictures, it was pretty hammered. There was a lot of paint and scratches on it. It definitely came from a family with kids that loved crafts. : ) 
After our purchase I was wondering if it was worth the 50 bucks and was regretting not getting a table that I didn't have to do anything to. 


Well, Todd bought me a sander for my birthday and after one weekend....






 Ta-Da!
I love the way it turned out and I think definitely think the table is worth at least 50 bucks let alone with the four chairs we got for it. It was a fun project and I will definitely be keeping my eyes open for old furniture to redo. 




1 comment:

  1. wow! That was $50! It looks amazing and so sturdy! Good job Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete