Friday, May 13, 2011

Warm at last!

Warm weather has finally decided to appear. I'm so excited to be able to go outside in a T-shirt again. Since it warmed up this last week, Ty and I decided to get out and explore Fort Wayne. I've heard a lot about the Children's Zoo here and about how much fun it is so we purchased a family pass before we had even been to it or seen it for ourselves. I know a little risky but we went this last week and I am not disappointed in the least. The Zoo was great! It will be a fun activity this summer. We went with some friends who also had passes and had a blast. This was Ty's 2nd trip to a zoo and he loved it. He especially liked it when, in the Australian Walkabout, a kangaroo jumped right in front of us. (They didn't have gates or anything, we were literally walking with the Kangaroos) I wish I had gotten a picture of that. Oh well, I did get a few pictures and here they are:

In their tropical rain forest section they had a little room with hammocks set up for the kids to try out and several pairs of boot for them to try on and lots of these hats. Ty loves hats and he was a little upset when we had to take it off to go outside.
The zoo has several of they large animal sculptures around that Ty, Henry and Bruce loved to play on. This might have been Ty's favorite part of the zoo. They are playing on a Kamodo Dragon and at first glance it made me jump because it look realistic. These kids had no fear. I think even it was real they still would have climbed on his back.

Ty really was happy to be there although this picture shows otherwise, he just didn't like having to sit in the stroller when there were animals to see.

The warm weather lasted more than just a day, amazing, so we also decided to go to the playground this last week too. There are several nice parks in Fort Wayne and fairly close to our house so it's nice just to get out and enjoy the sunshine for a couple of hours. Since going to playgrounds within the last month, Ty has really learned how to climb. He loves climbing through tubes and up steps. He's even attempted a few ladders but I'm not going to teach him that for a while. These pictures are of a trip that Todd and Ty took yesterday. I wasn't there but from what I heard, Ty made a few friends. They were about six years older than him but he still had a ball playing with them. It started when they were playing tag with each other but every time they would run past Ty he would giggle and run away as if they were chasing him. So eventually when they noticed what was going on, they did chase Ty for a little bit. I wish i would have seen it. Here are some pictures of that trip:

Yes, that is Jimmer on his shirt.




3 comments:

  1. Looks like the zoo and parks were a ton of fun! I'm glad it's warming up there, it finally is warm here as well. Being able to explore outside is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last picture of him sticking his face in the hole peeking out :-) I have one of Leanna doing that too somewhere...

    By the way, I love your family photo up on top

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, what a great Jimmer t-shirt. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete