Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Camping!

Todd got some camping things for his birthday so we wanted to test them out. There are a few good places that I've heard about in Northern Indiana and a lot in Michigan. I'm excited to try out the Michigan ones but for our first real trip we decided to stay a little closer to home. We went to Chain-O-Lakes State Park which is only a 45 minute drive from Fort Wayne. I was a really nice campground and I really enjoyed that the tent sites were separated from the trailer sites. It was quiet and a little more private that way.

Things I liked about camping:
-watching Tyson explore and enjoy the wild outdoors
-sitting by the campfire with my family
-stargazing and sing twinkle-twinkle little star to Ty. It's now his favorite song.
-watching Tyson chase fireflies yelling star after them.

Things I didn't really like:
-mosquitoes
-dirty,dirty little boy
-going to sleep at midnight because the tent was obviously too exciting for a 1 1/2 year old to fall asleep in.
-really hard ground to sleep especially being 4 months pregnant (we got an air mattress for our next trip)
-waking up at 5:45 because Tyson couldn't sleep with the sun being up and the birds chirping
-leaving at 8:00 in the morning because Todd and I were exhausted from no sleep

All in all it was fun, I just can't figure why my parents went camping so much when I was younger. Actually, it's not so much as why but how. I know all my memories of camping were so much fun and I cherish them as great family getaways. It wasn't the easiest but we will for sure be doing it again because Tyson had so much fun and I want him to have those same fun filled memories that I did.




1 comment:

  1. Lindsay--I completely agree: how did our parents (moms!) do it?! They went camping with tons of children and I don't recall any major injuries/kids being lost...at least not for too long. Glad you guys had a fun time and glad I have lots of good camping memories with you, too!

    ReplyDelete