Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Catching up! 4th of July


So I've really been a bum! I finally downloaded my pictures and realized I have over 200. I won't post them all, goodness, but I know I need to update you all on how our little family is doing. We've had a great summer and I really want to share some of our memories with you. Starting off...4th of July. We ended up getting together a little potluck dinner with a few other couples in the ward and the missionaries. (sorry no pictures of that) We went to a park that had a really fun splash pad. It is probably my favorite park I've been to so far and it's the closest to our apartment. It is such an innovative park. It is wheelchair accessible and also has activities for the blind and deaf. So there are a lot of things that make sound and a really fun light chasing game. It's all manual power too, you have to turn cranks to get these games to run. I also love the park because it is all turf, well besides the cement in the water are, but that means no dirty grass and mud in the water. It's pretty much amazing.

Tyson still isn't quite sure of the splash pads but I finally coaxed him into touching it.


The turf and one of three playgrounds attached to the splashpad!
We didn't get to see fireworks because they didn't start until 10:30 so we bought sparklers instead and I think Tyson liked them just as much as he would have liked watching fireworks. I didn't feel too bad though because we went to a baseball game 4 days later and watched the fireworks there. Sorry no pictures of that either. He was amazed though!


No comments:

Post a Comment