Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Catching Up Part 1

I have no excuse! I've been slacking. I'm finally going to update the blog. I've got a lot to update on too. I'm going to quickly skim over Christmas and New Years.
We had a wonderful Christmas. We were sad that we weren't able to make it to Texas where the rest of my family was spending their holidays. (I've decided never going to be in my third trimester during the holidays again.) It sounded like they had a great time and I hope I can be with them next year. So since we really couldn't travel anywhere, we did our own christmas. It was actually really nice and lo-key. We had a fun time watching Tyson open presents and enjoyed a nice dinner although it ended being to much for our little family. One of the traditions we want to carry on from my family is making gingerbread houses. So we did. Ty loved it! He mostly like eating the candies off of it.
Ty had such a good day. I think he understood who Santa was because whenever we'd mention santa he'd run to where he left the cookies the night before and say "cookies and celery reindeer"
I think he was also a little upset that there weren't cookies there for him in the morning. Another tradition I wanted to start was matching PJ pants. So here is a picture of the pants I made for our family.

Here is one of the many Toys that Tyson got and Loved playing with. Hotwheels track that goes in a loop. He also got a wooden train set that was a hit. It's now three months after christmas and he still plays with them. Yay!
New Years was fun. Sorry I don't have any pictures. My mom was able to be here for New Years. She was coming to help me with the baby so it was an extra bonus to have here for at least one holiday. Gramma really did become Tyson's best friend. He would want to play in his room with Gramma but close the door if I tried to come in. We had so much fun with my mom. Thanks mom for coming out and helping. It was so fun just having you here. My mom and Tyson made cookies and one of the things my mom does when she comes to help with baby #2's in our family is make matching aprons for cookie making. They turned out super cute and now Tyson has to wear his apron when ever we are making cookies whether he is helping or not.


2 comments:

  1. How fun!! Way cute aprons and I love the gingerbread house, did a good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture with Grandma Barbara.

    ReplyDelete